We were thrilled to be part of of the Be You Girl Campaign #beyou this year and here is a healthy cookies recipe we chatted about in our demo. This event is aimed at empowering young women and takes place at malls around Canada and is located at St.Laurent Mall for Ottawa’s event.
High Protein, Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
• 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas (or a whole large can!)
( Tip: get them canned and rinse them)
• ½ cup gluten free flour or oat flour (Can grind oats to create flour)
• 1 tsp baking soda
• ¾ cup coconut sugar (Tastes like brown sugar)
• 3 tbsps of melted coconut oil or butter
• 1.5 tbsps of vanilla extract
• ½ tsp of salt
• ¾ cup of dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Process your chickpeas with melted coconut oil and vanilla extract in a food processor until smooth.
3. Next add in coconut sugar, your gluten free flour, baking soda and blender until you get a smooth batter.
4. For the final part (and the best) add in the chocolate chips to the food processor and pulse briefly. Drop the dough on the cookie pan with spoon and flatten if desired.
5. Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes until the bottoms are firm. Cool before serving. Refrigerate for the week (if you have any left!) that is.