We had a great time 2 weekends ago at the Danceathon at the Greenboro Community Centre! Here are the recipes we had samples of
We handed out some protein and greens samples and had a great time! Below you will find the recipes from the event for our treats.
Coconut Flour Brownies (with secret ingredient–zucchini!)
-1/2 cup butter or coconut oil
-1/2 cup cocoa powder
-6 organic eggs
-1 TBS Stevia to taste or ½ cup raw honey melted ( Stevia is strong so mix it in sparingly and taste the batter)
-1/2 tsp. salt
-1/2 tsp. baking powder
-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract pure
-1 cup coconut flour
-3 small grated zucchinis ( you can use either the fine side of the grate or the thicker side people use for cheese)
1. Melt the butter or oil in a saucepan. Stir in the cocoa powder and remove from heat.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, honey, salt, baking powder & vanilla.
3. Pour cocoa/butter or oil mixture into the egg mixture and mix well.
4. Add flour and whisk until there are no lumps (I find using a hand mixer works great).
5. Add zucchini and mix well.
6. Pour into a 9×13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 14-18 minutes. (It took mine 15 minutes to be done.)
• 4 bananas (2½ cups mashed about)
• 4 eggs
• ½ cup coconut milk ( more if needed if batter is to
• 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted ( use more if needed)
• ½ cup (75 grams) coconut flour
• ½ cocoa or cacao
• ½ teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• pinch of sea salt
1. Grease one 9″x5″ loaf pan with coconut oil or use a muffin pan, preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. In a large bowl combine the mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract and nut butter until fully combined. I used a wooden spoon.
3. Add the coconut flour, cacao, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt to the wet ingredients and mix well.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes if using a square pan, or 45 if using a muffin tin. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean. Baking times may vary.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for about 30 minutes.