These muffins freeze well and are the perfect snack! This is an update on the traditional carrot muffin and can be made dairy and grain free!
Carrot Vanilla Chai Muffins
• 4 Eggs
• 2 cups of shredded carrots
( You can get the bag of shredded carrots at the store just buy organic)
• ¼ cup coconut oil or butter (softened or melted)
• 1/3 cup coconut flour or oat flour
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp. cinnamon
• 1 tsp ginger
• ½ nutmeg
• 1 scoop of Genuine Health Vegan Vanilla protein powder AND/OR 1 scoop of Vanilla Chai greens depending on your favourite flavour, if you don’t like Chai taste omit from recipe
• 1/2 cup Xylitol or other preferred natural sweetener
• Small amount of liquid to thin coconut if sending to school with kids, nut milk if not for school)
• Small amount of whole oats for garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Crack 4 eggs into a large bowl and whisk. Set aside.
Put all the dry ingredients in medium sized bowl (coconut flour, baking soda, spices, protein) and lastly the Xylitol or alternative sweetener.
Put the carrots in a food processor until they are shredded you can also grate about 4 large carrots should be enough.
Remove carrots and place in a bowl. Process the coconut oil, vanilla extract milk alternative in food processor. Now add the eggs.
Put the carrots back into the mix in and then add all dry ingredients. Next, process and spoon into muffin tins filling halfway, so you don’t get overflowing muffins in the pan.
Bake for 13-20 minutes until lightly browned and set in middle, you can test this by putting a
You can do this in one bowl instead of using a food processor but it’s harder to stir!
Additions you can put oats on top as well or use oat flour!