This snack idea hits the spot when you’re looking for a grab and go snack. Rich in protein these are topped with nut butter, these are a good snack with enough to share!
1 can of organic chickpeas drained and rinsed (I like Eden Organics line of canned beans because their cans are BPA free!)
3 large eggs
1/2 cup melted coconut oil, plus some for the pan
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 tbsps vanilla extract
1/2 to 3/4 cup Monk Fruit Extract or Xylitol (depending on how sweet you wish it to be)
½ cup chocolate chips (Krisda chips are sugar free or you can use 80% (or more) dark chocolate chopped or grated
2 tbsps of Yoso Coconut Yogurt
2 tbsps of natural nut butter of choice heated up for easy drizzling
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Grease a parchment paper lined pan with coconut oil. 8 inch x 11 inch works!
3. Place the chickpeas, eggs, coconut oil, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and sweetener of choice in a food processor and process until smooth.
4. Remove the blade and gently stir in the chocolate of choice
5. Transfer the mixture to a parchment paper lined greased pan
6. Bake the brownies for 30-35 minutes, or until set in the centre
7. While this is happening mix the coconut yogurt with nut butter and whisk thoroughly. Heat the Nut butter as needed for a few second in a microwave or in a pot
8. Once the brownies are baked drizzle the coconut nut butter mixture over with a spoon!
9. These can be stored in the fridge for a week or freezer for 2 months!