Chickpea Chocolate Fermented Cookies
• 1 can of 400 gram chickpeas, Eden Organic has a good kind to get (this is about a cup of chickpeas)
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or Mint Extract but use less as you might have to taste test so it’s not too overwhelming)
• ½ cup of nut butter I used Rainforest Nut butter with coconut oil in it, but you want to ensure your nut butter is natural
• 2 tbsps of cacao or cocoa powder
• ¼ cup Xylitol and 1 tsp of honey (if you think the honey is needed)
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• A pinch of salt if your nut butter doesn’t have salt in it
• Genuine Health Fermented Vegan Proteins Chocolate
• Dark chocolate broken into pieces
• Coconut flour if needed
Preheat your oven to 350°F / 175°C. Combine all the ingredients chickpeas, vanilla, nut butter, cacao powder, sweetener, salt, Genuine Health proteins but WAIT for the chocolate to add in. In a food processor or really good blender and process until very smooth. Make sure to scrape the sides and the top to get the little chunks of chickpeas, you will be able to see them likely! It will be quite mushy.
Put in the chocolate in and stir it if you can, or pulse it once or twice. The mixture will be very thick and sticky. You can also just mix it with spatula.
With wet hands, form into 1½” balls. Place onto a pan with a piece of parchment paper lining it. They are soft so don’t flatten them too much.
Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes. The dough balls will still be very soft when you take them out of the oven. They don’t set really but the bottoms will be baked, you can check the underbelly!
Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge!