Grain free breads are a great way to try a different type of bread.We discussed cloud bread and all the other options there are that are grain free and super tasty!
This bread is on the healthy fat side but is delightful. Add a little cinnamon to really make it delightful.
2 cups almond flour
1.5 tablespoons coconut flour
¼ cup flax (ground your flax to unlock the nutrition)
¼ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
5 large organic eggs
1 tablespoon coconut oil or can use grassfed butter if in a pinch ( We love THIS coconut oil)
1 tablespoon raw honey
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1.Place almond flour, coconut flour, flax, salt and baking soda in a food processor.
2.Pulse ingredients together in a food processor or ninja blender
3.Pulse in eggs, oil, honey and vinegar
4.Transfer batter into a pan with coconut oil greased on the sides to help prevent sticking
5.Bake at 350° for 30 minutes
6. Cool in the pan for 2 hours, this is important to help it set!
Microwave Almond Flour Bread
When you just need something right away this microwave Paleo bread is it. We don’t use a microwave often but in a pinch this is a great option for a small bread. This makes a very small loaf!!
1/3 cup of almond flour
1/2 tsp of baking
1/8 tsp salt
2 and 1/2 tsps. ghee. You can also use coconut oil or grassfed butter!
1. Grease a mug with coconut oil
2. Add ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
3. Transfer the mixture into a mug
4. Microwave the mix for 90 seconds on high.(Note that microwave strength varies)
5. Ensure to let it cool for a few minutes.
6. Once cooled you can pop it out.
Sweet Potato Bread
1 cup cooked sweet potato (in oven, steamed or boiled 2 to 3 large should do)
1/2 cup coconut flour or other gluten free flour, but to go grain free use coconut flour
3 tbsps of coconut milk or other milk alternative
1 tsp baking soda
Juice from half of a lemon pinch of salt
1 scoop of Genuine Health Greens, we use the unflavoured!
½ cup Daiya cheese
There is no need to peel the sweet potatoes but you can if you wish! Just chop them up and either roast or boil for 20 minutes until you can poke a knife through. Boil or steam on high or oven roast at 400 F. Once completed mash the sweet potatoes. Juice your lemon and put in a bowl and set aside. Ensure to save the rest to make some lemon water later.
For the bread baking the temperature will be 350 F. Grease and line a mini loaf tin with baking parchment paper. Add in the potato, coconut flour, eggs, coconut milk, baking soda, lemon juice and parchment paper with some overhang over the side.
Put the ingredients into your food processor or blender and pulse until well combined. Spoon the mixture into the baking pan then you can smooth over the top gently with a knife or spoon. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before slicing.
Low Carb Bread
6 eggs, separated
½ cup whey protein powder (Note: I haven’t experimented with vegan protein powder but that’s next on my list) We used Genuine Health brand!
butter or coconut oil to grease pan
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease loaf pan.
2. Beat 6 egg whites until very stiff peaks form.
3. Add egg yolks and protein powder and blend until mixed
4. Poor batter into pan and cook for 40 minutes
a. Note: recipe adapted from ‘‘The Ketogenic Cookbook’ by Jimmy Moore and Maria Emmerich
Coconut Flour Bread
½ cup melted coconut oil, plus extra to grease pan
2 TBS honey (or xylitol if you want to keep it sugar free)
¾ cup coconut flour
½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease one loaf pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix eggs, coconut oil, and honey/sweetener if using.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients well.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mix well, and let sit for 5 minutes.
5. Poor batter into greased pan and bake for 40 minutes.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
4 large or 5 medium ripe bananas, mashed (can be frozen and thawed)
½ cup peanut butter
¼ cup melted coconut oil, plus extra to grease pan
½ cup coconut flour
1 TBS cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp sea salt
½ cup Krisda chocolate chips
Tip: When I have a lot of frozen bananas I’ll make 2-4 of these loaves at the same time (the food processor is already dirty!) then freeze some. I also make muffins out of the same recipe but cook them for a shorter period- 30 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease loaf pan
2. In a food processor or blender, blend bananas, eggs, peanut butter and coconut oil.
3. Add all dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) and blend until combined well.
4. Gently fold in chocolate chips (or blend it very briefly).
5. Pour batter into pan and bake for 60 minutes.
Pancakes that everyone will LOVE
Mash up bananas in a large bowl and then whisk you eggs in. Whisk well until you have a paste and then fry with coconut oil in pan. One side will bubble them flip onto the other side!
Catch the segment HERE!