When it gets cooler, a lot of our client tell us they crave sugar and other ‘comfort’ foods. These bars give you a no sugar hit of healthy fat and chocolate.
– 3 cups of shredded coconut flakes (go for sulphite free)
– 1 cup of melted coconut oil
– 2 tbsps of Unsweetened Yoso Coconut Yogurt
– 1/4 cup xylitol/ monk fruit extract (or less) or Stevia to taste
– 1 dash of vanilla extract OR you can scrape out some vanilla bean pod if you have it!
– 1 handful of Krisda sugar free chocolate chips for topping
1. Melt your coconut oil, then mix all your ingredients together (coconut,coconut oil, yogurt, Xylitol, vanilla extract) except for the chocolate chips and voila! If the batter is not wet enough, melt a bit more coconut oil or add a touch more yogurt.
2. Pour in a loaf pan lined with parchment paper and top with the Krisda chips.
3. Place in the freezer for at least an hour and then cut into bars.
These bars last in the fridge for the week and you can keep the rest in the freezer!