Rachel Caven Nutrition, Eat your Colours![/caption]
1. Easy Ways to Detoxify Daily:
Your body is constantly detoxifying
(7 Pathways: skin, lymphatic, liver, lungs, colon, kidneys, emotional health)
· 1st rule of toxicology is to remove the toxins
· Fasting and juice cleanses can be dangerous
o Drink water with lemon in the morning (vit C, +HCL, digestion, gallbladder) and throughout the day
o Add fibre- flaxseed, chia- needs to be ground
o Add greens everyday (can use supplement for convenience)
o Dry skin brushing
o Exercise- sweat, lymphatic, breathing
o Eat all the colours!
2. Every Colour Every Day:
· Study after study has shown that the more fruits and vegetables you eat the healthier you are. Fruits and vegetables are full of vitamins, minerals, fibre and antioxidants. Every colour is responsible for a different antioxidant so try to eat the rainbow everyday!
· White: cauliflower, onions, garlic, mushrooms, ginger
· Red: cranberries, pomegranates, red apples, raspberries, strawberries, beets, red pepper, tomatoes
· Blue/purple: blueberries, blackberries, purple cabbage, eggplant, purple grapes
· Yellow/Orange: oranges, grapefruit, carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, yams, yellow peppers, pumpkin
· Green: leafy greens, spinach, kale, arugula, broccoli, Brussels’ sprouts
Tips to eat more colour
o Start your day with a mixed berry smoothie (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries) and add a handful of greens to get most of the colours in before your day starts
o Try to make your meals as colourful as possible by using a variety of vegetables. This is the healthiest and most visually pleasing way to eat.
o It’s ok to use frozen veggies in the winter (especially if you live in a northern climate where fresh produce isn’t seasonal). Purchase pre-cut mixed veggies and stir fry mixes for a quick, colourful meal.
Eat Your Colours Segment