Fall is a lovely time for baking and our new Family Nutritionist and Wellness Chef, Natasha Onley has a delicious recipes we would like to share with you!
Learn more about Natasha here: http://cavennutrition.com/nutritionists/natasha-onley/
Did you know?
Pumpkin is not only delicious, but is loaded with fiber, phytonutrients, and energizing minerals. A great source of vitamin A, C, and E, pumpkin is a storehouse for many potent antioxidants.
Use in a variety of recipes from muffins to healthy pancakes to adding a scoop to your smoothie for added flavour and nutrition!
Pumpkin + Chia Muffins
With the arrival of autumn, these moist, delicious muffins are a perfect healthy treat for the whole family to enjoy. Store a batch in the freezer for school snacks, afternoon tea, or a weekend dessert with friends.
Makes 12 scrumptious Gluten & Dairy Free muffins.
¾ cup Coconut Sugar
½ cup Coconut Oil, melted
2 Organic Eggs
1 ¼ cups Pumpkin Puree
1 tbsp Chia Seeds
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour (I like Bob’s Red Mill Brand)
2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp Ground Ginger
1 tsp Ground Cardamom
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease muffin tin or prepare paper cups.
2. Mix coconut sugar, oil, eggs, chia seeds, and pumpkin puree well with a whisk until fully combined.
3. Combine dry ingredients: flour, spices, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and mix by hand until fully combined, about 30 seconds.
4. Spoon into muffin tins and bake for 30 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
5. Enjoy every bite with a friend!