If you’re looking for a sugar-free, grain-free, chocolate rich option to share on LOVE DAY, this is it!
Fantastic Flourless Cake
-7 squares of unsweetened baking chocolate (200 grams or about 7 oz)
-3/4 cup of coconut oil (plus more for greasing)
-1 tbsp vanilla extract
-5 whole eggs whisked
-1/2 cup cocoa (We love Giddy YoYo)
-3/4 cup sweetener- Monk Fruit Extract or Xylitol for sugar-free, less if using stevia or Raw Honey
1. To prepare, grease an 8-inch pan with coconut oil.
2. Preheat the oven to 375F.
3. Add the chocolate to a pot set to medium low and incorporate coconut oil slowly into the pot and stir constantly.
4. Add in vanilla and stir. Once all the chocolate is melted remove from burner immediately and set aside to cool.
5. In a separate bowl, add the whisked eggs into the cocoa and whisk again.
6. Add in the chocolate/coconut oil mixture and incorporate well.
7. Add your desired sweetener. At this point the batter should thicken!
8. Pour mixture into a greased pan. Flatten the top with a spatula.
9. Pop into the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until the centre is firm.
10. Let cool fully before sharing it with those you love!