Meal Plan your Way to Stardom
A little planning can go a long away. Don’t overwhelm yourself with too many recipes, pick a few and make larger batches to set you up for a lovely meal everyday.
Large Batch Chili
• 2 pounds ground beef
• 1 onion finely diced
• 3 cloves of garlic
• 1 can of diced tomatoes 14.5 ounce
• 2 cans of Italian diced toamtoes14.5 ounce
• 1 8 ounce can of tomato sauce
• 1 cup water
• 3 stalks chipped celery
• 1 full red pepper chopped and diced
• 1 can of kidney beans
• 1 can of pinto beans or turtle or black beans
• 2 tbsps of chili powder
• 1 tbsp of ground cumin
• 1 tsp black pepper
• 1 tbsp hot pepper sauce
• 1 handful fresh chopped cilantro at the end just as the heat is turned off
1. In a large pot cook ground beef until brown and drain and pat with paper towel if needed.
2. Add onions and garlic and cook until onion is translucent.
3. Next add in tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, celery, pepper, all beans and then your remaining spices. Cook for 30 plus minutes.
4. At the end add 1 handful of chopped cilantro once you turn the heat off and let sit for 10 minutes.
Catch the segment here for all the tips and tricks to meal plan perfectly http://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=688954&binId=1.1487308&playlistPageNum=1
It’s a great ideas to prep smoothies and salads in mason jars. Here is a link to the mason jar salad segment by Lianne Laing http://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=533596&binId=1.1164511&playlistPageNum=1