The amount of sugar in treats at Halloween can be down right frightening. If you’re looking for a way to help with cravings after the one piece of chocolate we have 2 recipes that can help you out!
Awesome Apple Chia Seed Pudding
• 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
• ½ cup coconut milk or other non dairy beverage
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• ½ tsp nutmeg
• 1 tsp of ginger (if you have freshly grated ginger go for it!)
• 1 tsp allspice
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 pinch of salt
• 1 Generous tbsp of raw honey
• 1 small apple chopped
• Coconut flakes and walnuts (Optional)
1. Mix the chia seeds with the non-dairy mixture in a mason jar or glass container.
2. Add spices, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and all spice. Stir.
3. Add in your vanilla extract, salt and honey. Mix well and refrigerate overnight.
4. In the morning chop an apple up and add to the chia seed pudding mix.
5. Sprinkle a small amount of coconut flakes and walnuts on the top if desired and enjoy!
Sugar-free Peanut Butter Cookies
• 1 cup Natural Peanut Butter, or Almond butter
• 1/2 cup of Xylitol or Monk Fruit Extract (can use coconut sugar but Xylitol is best)
• 1 egg
• 1/4 cup of almond flour (can be omitted but it helps the cookies hold)
• 1 Generous handful of dark chocolate chopped or Krisda Stevia Sweeetened chocolate chips
• A dash of vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a large bowl add ingredients and mix with a spoon until well combined.
3. Roll the batter into balls and flatten with a fork.
4. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes until the bottom is slightly browned.
5. Let cool and eat on Halloween!