What are the best libido boosting foods? And what are the worst? Find out here and catch the segment on CTV Morning Live!
Foods to Boots your Sex Drive:
• Alcohol acts as a depressant which can inhibit physiological symptoms and hinder the body’s ability for sexual activity
• Chronic alcohol consumption can decrease testosterone production- important for both men and women’s libido
2. Microwavable Popcorn
• Nonstick chemicals that are used in the inner lining of microwave popcorn bags and in nonstick pots and pans often contain perfluoroalkyl acids; common types include PFOA or PFOS. Small doses of them are linked to testicular tumors, male infertility, lower sperm count and lack of sex drive.
3. Chips & Candy
• Poor quality oils are prone to oxidation causing free radicals in the body causing damage to tissues and cells of the body and can interfere with hormone regulation
• Trans fats found in fried foods dramatically decrease libido
• A 2009 study published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine found that men with better blood sugar levels enjoyed better sexual health. Studying about 800 men with type 2 diabetes, researchers compared blood sugar levels to sexual health questionnaires. Men with higher blood sugar were more likely to report erectile dysfunction.
• Contains a phytonutrient called citrulline, which the body converts to arginine- an amino acid that boosts nitric oxide levels in the body in the same way a medicine like Viagra does
• May increase sperm count and improve fertility in certain men restore hormonal imbalance
• May be helpful in taming menopause symptoms
• Reduce symptoms of depression and lowered blood pressure
• Particularly helpful in patients who have sexual dysfunction caused by anti-depressant medications
3. Raw Cacao
• Magnesium-Magnesium increases circulation, relaxes muscles and can be very calming
• Phenylalanine-an amino acid that raises the body’s endorphins and produces dopamine, the brain chemical that surges during orgasm
• Oysters, pumpkin seeds, ginger root
• Low zinc levels are blamed for a wide variety of health woes, including erectile dysfunction (ED) or impotence.
• Increases testosterone production
2. Spicy Foods
• Capsaicin, the source of that heat, triggers endorphins, our sensations of pleasure. Chilies also stimulate the nervous system, accentuating the effects of arousal
Always true fair trade, organic, mineralized, delicious, and full of love and gratitude
There are two ways to make these lovely chocolates. You can either use dark chocolate and melt it in a pot or you can make your own chocolate using Giddy Yoyo Cacao Powder.
Making Chocolate from Scratch
-¼ raw cacao powder (We love Giddy Yoyo)
-4 Tbs coconut oil
-3 tsp of honey or 2 tiny pinches of stevia
-½ vanilla extract
Put these ingredients into a pot on low heat and melt, you can stir slowly. Take off the heat once it is melted so it does not burn.
Line a mini muffin tin with tiny muffin liners. If you chocolate has solidified in the pot just reheat again slightly. Once it is liquid, spoon a little of the chocolate into the bottom of each tin. You just need to cover the bottom of the liner with a little chocolate. Put these in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
1 tsp of coconut
Mash the raspberries and coconut together. Place on top of bottom layer of chocolate and cover in chocolate and freeze for 10 to 15 minutes and enjoy!
10 Pumpkin seeds chopped/smashed
Chop or put in Ziploc and smash with rubber mallet or even a bottom of jar works. Place on bottom layer, cover with leftover chocolate and freeze for 10 to 15 minutes and enjoy!
Rainforest Butter, Cashew Butter or other nut butters
– 1 heaping Tbs of nut butter
– 2 Tbs or tapioca flour or arrowroot flour
– 1 tsp sea salt to sprinkle on top
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/2 tsp maca powder (We used Giddy Yoyo)
Mix together the nut butter, maca powder, vanilla, arrowroot flour or tapioca flour. Mix until it you are able to form balls. If needed add more vanilla extract, nut butter or flour.Make little balls and put them on top of the chocolate layer on the bottom pressing them down. Use the chocolate from the pot and cover you middle layer!
You can sprinkle sea salt on the top if you like!
Put them back in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes and enjoy!
Not from Scratch
– 1 to 2 bars of Giddy Yoyo 70% (or more) Dark Chocolate
Melt slowly in a pot and follow the directions for fillings!
Catch the Segment here: http://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=547380&binId=1.1164511&playlistPageNum=1