Looking for something fast and easy to eat this evening? We have it!
We offered some treats at the Kanata Health and Fitness show 2 weeks ago. And Jim Watson even stopped by and ate a brownie!
Here is the recipe for the mini quiches and the link for the black bean brownies.
• 8 eggs
• 1/3 cup of goat, almond, soy(or any other alternative you prefer) milk
• 1/4 cup of thinly sliced green onions
• 1/4 cup of sliced broccolli
• 1/4 cup of baby spinach, chopped
• 1/3 cup of grated cheese(parmesan, cheddar, feta, any cheese works great in this recipe)-salt and pepper to taste
• 1 tsp of paprika
• 2 tsp coconut oil
• loaf of gluten free, whole wheat, pumpernickel or rye bread (optional)
Whisk eggs, veggies, milk and cheese and seasoning in a bowl. Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease mini muffin tin with coconut oil. Cut bread into small squares and place them at the bottom of muffin tin. Cover with egg mixture, top with a little more cheese and sprinkle paprika on top. Place on middle rack in oven for 20-25 min. These freeze well too!
Link to the brownies: HERE for the recipe!