Yummy Pumpkin & Chia Muffins
1/2 cup Coconut Oil, melted (plus more for greasing muffin liners)
3 Organic Eggs
1 ¼ cups Pumpkin Puree
1 tbsp Chia Seeds
1 tbsp vanilla extract
¾ cup Xylitol
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 cup plantain flour (can also just use more almond flour)
2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp Ground Ginger
1 tsp Ground Cardamom
1 tbsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Sea Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease muffin tin or prepare paper cups.
2. Melt your coconut oil and set aside ( the microwave is fine)
3. Crack your eggs into a large bowl and whisk. Add your pumpkin puree, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1 tbsp vanilla extract and mix well with a whisk.
4. Combine dry ingredients: Xylitol, coconut, almond and plantain flour, cinnamon, ginger. cardamom, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and mix by hand until fully combined, about 30 seconds.
5. Spoon into parchment paper muffin liners and place in the muffin tin. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
6. TIP: These freeze well so keep 6 out for snacking and 6 in the freezer!