Try these to use up all your leftover veggies in the fridge!
Swiss chard is fill of nutrients, and this is a great way to get over the bitter flavour. Chard also has anti-inflammatory properties and helps in blood sugar regulation.
Wrap it up
· 1 swiss chard bunch or kale bunch, remove the hard stem which can be done by cutting the spine, but keep the leaves
· 1 zucchini grated, peeled or spiraled
· 1 carrot shredded or peeled or spiraled
· 1 avocado sliced
· 1 red pepper cut into strips (Can use: orange, green or yellow pepper, or can also use green beans, cucumbers, or other in seasonal veggies that you like) The most important veggie in this list is the chard or kale for the condition of anxiety.
Choice with Cooking Directions below
· 2 Salmon Filets cooked and sliced
· 1 cup cooked Red lentils (Vegan protein option)
Step 1: Take Salmon place on a pan with parchment paper. Crack one egg and brush it on to the salmon then sprinkle dill and squeeze of lemon juice on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 7 to 10 minutes.
Step 2: Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes
Step 3: Slice into thin strips
** Red Lentil Cooking
Step 1: Rinse lentils under running water in colander
Step 2: Boil 2 cups of water and add 1 cup lentils for about 10 minutes or until they are soft.
Step 3: Season with lemon juice, and dill.
Optional Almond Spread
· 1 ¼ cup soaked almonds for 1 hour (if you do not have time it okay to just put them in warm water for 10 minutes or not at all.)
· 1 clove garlic chopped
· 1 tsp dried parsley or 1/3 cup fresh parsley
· 1 cup onions chopped
· ½ tsp rosemary dried
· ½ tsp cayenne dried
· ½ chocolate mint dried
· dash sea salt
1. Place almonds, garlic, parsley, onions, rosemary, cayenne, chocolate mint and sea salt into a blender or food processor. Stop to push down mixture around with spatula and blend until the spices and almonds are mixed well together.
Directions For Entire Wrap
1. Wash and pat veggies dry with towel. Let them stay a little damp they do not have to super dry, just not dripping!
2. Start to cook salmon or lentils. ** Directions for both above.
2. Chop/grate or spiral the, zucchini, carrots.
3. Slice avocado and peppers.
4. Remove the spine of the kale or chard. If you feel like the leaves are too small you can use three in one wrap.
5. Lay out one leaf flat and spread almond spread about 1 tsp around or more if desired. (Optional to use spread)
6. Arrange veggies in any variation you wish.
6. Add 1 strip salmon or 1 tablespoon of red lentils.
7. Wrap it up with a second or third leaf if too small and EAT!