Festive Hot Drinks for the Season
Mmm there’s nothing like cozying up with a warm mug of goodness after coming in from the blustery cold! Try these holiday favourites with a healthier twist!
1 tbsp. raw cocoa powder
2 tbsp. raw honey
½ tsp peppermint extract or 10 drops peppermint essential oil
1-2 cups unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- Combine cocoa and honey in a small saucepan and stir until it forms a paste.
- Heat the mixture on low heat, stirring occasionally to prevent the paste from sticking to the pan.
- After about 1 to 2 minutes, add milk and peppermint oil.
- Whisk it all together until it reaches your preferred temperature.
- Serve and enjoy with a friend!
Spiced Apple Cider
Organic Apple Cider
Spice bouquet with: cinnamon sticks, fresh ginger, cardamom, nutmeg, and cloves.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine apple cider and the spice bag (see below for instructions).
- Bring to a boil, then allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour into your favourite mug and enjoy!
How to make a Spice Bouquet:
Cut a double layer of cheesecloth into 12 pieces, each 2 inches by 3 inches. Break each cinnamon stick into 2 pieces. Add other desired spices. Form a small pouch and try cooking string around the bouquet to secure. Add to apple cider or teas for an added punch of flavour through the season.