Instead of using white flour we used sweet potatoes for this savoury bread. Try it as your dipping bread instead of a baguette. You will be pleasantly surprised!
Sweet Potato Bread
• 1 cup cooked sweet potato (in oven, steamed or boiled 2 to 3 large should do)
• 1/2 cup coconut flour or other gluten free flour, but to go grain free use coconut flour
• 3 eggs
• 3 tbsps of coconut milk or other milk alternative
• 1 tsp baking soda
• Juice from half of a lemon pinch of salt
• 1 scoop of Genuine Health Fermented Unflavoured protein
• ½ cup Daiya cheese
There is no need to peel the sweet potatoes but you can if you wish! Just chop them up and either roast or boil for 20 minutes until you can poke a knife through. Boil or steam on high or oven roast at 400 F. Once completed mash the sweet potatoes. Juice your lemon and put in a bowl and set aside. Ensure to save the rest to make some lemon water later.
For the bread baking the temperature will be 350 F. Grease and line a mini loaf tin with baking parchment paper. Add in the potato, coconut flour, eggs, coconut milk, baking soda, lemon juice and parchment paper with some overhang over the side.
Put the ingredients into your food processor or blender and pulse until well combined. Spoon the mixture into the baking pan then you can smooth over the top gently with a knife or spoon. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before slicing.