These cookies are grain-free option that can help keep you on track over the #holidays. Holiday baking can get a little intense so by having an option to keep you satisfied and not tempted will keep you on track to you #goals and feeling not bloated! These cookies also have the bonus of turmeric added in. Turmeric is an excellent anti-inflammatory spice!
– 1 cup of Almond flour
– 3/4 cup of Monk Fruit extract Xylitol blend (can just use one kind but I find the blended is
– * All bulk spices can be found at Bulk Barn if needed
1 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1 tsp ground ginger
– 1 tsp ground cardomom (You can use a cardomom tea bag)
– 1/2 tsp ground star anise
– 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper
– OR TIP you can use 1 tbsp of Tea Masala Spices from a bulk food store!
– 1 tbsp of ground turmeric
– 2 tbsps vanilla extract
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 cup melted coconut oil or MCT oil can be used
– 1 handful of Krisda sugar free chocolate chips
1. Melt your coconut oil if needed and set aside. Mix all your dry ingredients together in a large bowl (Almond flour, monk fruit extract, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, star anise, black pepper or use a tea masala mix from a store and finally add turmeric. Mix with a fork.
2.Next add in vanilla extract, eggs and melted coconut oil. Whisk well until combined or use a hand mixer. I found the hand mixer to be especially useful but you’ll get a working from mixing by hand.
3. Throw in your chocolate chips and mix with a spoon.
4. Bake at 350 for 15 to 18 minutes switching oven rack level halfway through! The bottom will the baked and the tops will remain soft. These are great snack to have when you’re making cookies that are full of icing sugar and want to have a little something.