Looking for an easy and simple side? Turnips have B vitamins that are great for our skin as well as oxidative stress AND have immune boosting Vitamin C!! This veggie is a great potato replacement!
• 2 to 3 cups of chopped turnips (about 5 to 6 medium) peeled and diced
• Broth for boiling
• 10 slices of bacon (omit when making a vegan option)
• 1 clove of garlic chopped
• 1 stalk green onions chopped
• 2 tbsp of butter flavoured coconut oil or actual grassfed butter
• Sea salt
• Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Peel and dice turnips is a large pot and fill with water broth.
2. Bring to a boil and let simmer, uncovered, for at least 30 minutes until you poke a knife straight through.
3. While the turnips are cooking, cook your bacon in skillet over medium heat. Cook until crispy and crumble into a bowl.
4. Chop your green onions and garlic.
5. Once turnips are done simmering, drain well.
6. Return turnips to pot and add all remaining ingredients- the coconut oil or butter, the garlic, chopped green onion, sea salt and pepper as well as optional cayenne. Mash to desired consistency. Fold in bacon.