There may be certain things you that you do day to day that make you gain weight! See below and catch the segment to ensure you are staying healthy!
1. Artificial Sweeteners- have been shown to increase weight gain more than regular sugar! Increases insulin and leptin (the hunger hormone) causing you to be more hungry and increasing fat storage- even if less calories are consumed. Instead of artificial sweeteners, keep some single serving stevia packs in your purse or bag, or at work to use on the go!
2. Obesogens- found in plastic food containers, pesticides, skin care products- It’s easy to switch to glass or stainless steel food containers! Never buy oil in plastic and never microwave in plastic! Eat organic food as much as possible to reduce pesticide intake.
3. Gut bacteria- Obese individuals have less bacteria diversity than healthy weight individuals. Make sure to take a probiotic supplement during and after taking antibiotics and maintain healthy gut flora with plain yogurt, kefir, kimchi, Kombucha and fermented products such as Genuine Health fermented vegan protein or whole body greens.
This recipe uses greens+ whole body fermented Vanilla Chai Greens
– 1 Scoop of Genuine Health Vanilla Chai Greens
– 1 and 1/2 Cups of almond milk
– 1/2 water
Stir in almond or coconut milk while warming and then add 1/2 cup of water. You want this to be warm, and not too hot so that the probiotics are able to do their job. Add in the the scoop of greens and stir in, once warm fill a mug and enjoy. This is great for all the chai tea lovers out there!
4. Sleep- Studies show that if you sleep 4 hours or less for 5 nights you will gain 2.5 lbs! Try to make sleep a priority! Establish a good bedtime routine and limit screen time before bed. http://cavennutrition.com/get-the-best-sleep-segment-on-ctv-morning-live/